Simple ways to add curb appeal to your home
Do you feel like your home could use a little updating? Here are some simple tips on how to create curb appeal to help make your home your own.
1. Paint your front door. Painting your front door will help you stand out from the crowd. Depending on the color you choose, it can make your house appear more modern, homey and inviting. It also looks a lot cleaner, since white doors tend to get dirty easily.
2. Make your electrical boxes more discrete. Let’s face it, electrical boxes are not the most appealing. Camouflage them by painting them the same color as your house or adding a decorative cover.
3. Hide your air conditioning unit and trash bins. AC units and trash cans are a couple of items that are not very pretty. You can add a lot of curb appeal to your house by adding a decorative fence around your unsightly AC unit and garbage can. No one will even know they are there!
4. Add faux shutters to your windows. Shutters add a little bit more dimension and beauty to otherwise plain homes. They can be made out of a variety of materials, depending on what look you want for your home.
5. Remove weeds from your yard. This is probably the easiest (and cheapest) item on the list! Removing any weeds will give your yard an instant facelift, without spending any money.
6. Add a coat of epoxy flooring over your concrete. The typical concrete that comes with every home is usually pretty dingy and boring. Adding a fresh coat of epoxy to your walkway, front steps and porch are great ways to improve the look of your home. Epoxy always looks better when it is professionally done. To get help with your epoxy flooring, visit http://garagestoragesiouxfalls.com/garage-flooring.
7. Replace your house numbers. Make your house numbers stand out! You can do this by replacing the current numbers with a more modern font, crafting a stylish display to show off your numbers, painting your numbers on some flower pots, or a variety of other DIY ideas that can be found on Pinterest.
8. Hide your hose. Placing your hose in a decorative pot, basket or creating a hose storage box will help make your yard look more beautiful, while keeping your hose in better condition.
9. Arrange seating on your front porch. Make your house more welcoming by adding some seating to your front porch. Whether it is a bench, two chairs or a porch swing, giving seating options helps create a more inviting feel to your home.
10. Freshen up your paint job. Paint tends to chip and fade after a couple of years of constantly braving the elements. Freshening up your paint job will help liven and brighten up your home and keep it looking new.
Implementing these easy tips and tricks can help add instant curb appeal to your home, making you the envy of the neighborhood!